BER Assessment Terms and Conditions
Thank you for appointing Limerick Energy Rating to carry out a Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessment.
We are happy to accept all assignments with the following terms and conditions:
- The BER Assessment will be carried out in accordance with the Code of Practice and the relevant methodologies and guidance from The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). In particular, it will be carried out in an independent manner by Nyle Wolfe based on a survey of the building and investigations required to be completed as part of the survey. Plans and specifications related to the dwelling may also be of use during the BER Assessment. We may request certain information from you, the client as part of the survey and BER Assessment. On the basis of this information, we will complete a BER assessment of the building and submit it to SEAI for publication.
- Copies of all information and documentation that you supply to us in connection with this certification (whether requested by me or otherwise) will become the property of SEAI. We have an obligation to you to protect the confidentiality of this information and will not disclose it without your agreement to do so unless otherwise required to do so by law. If we are required by law to release any such information we shall notify you as promptly as possible.
- Any personal data that we collect and provide to SEAI will be processed by us and SEAI in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection law in force from time to time in Ireland (including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679). We and SEAI shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise as a result of the Building Energy Rating assessment or result. The methodology used for the BER assessment incorporates standard occupancy assumptions and a range of technical judgements on the energy efficiency of various building components and attributes. A BER may change over time due to many factors including deterioration or modification to the fabric of the building, or its elements. As a result, an energy rating is only a guide to the overall energy efficiency of a building. In practice, energy efficiency is highly dependent on how occupants use the building.
- We have an ongoing responsibility to ensure the accuracy of BER certificates issued based upon our assessment. For that purpose, it may be necessary for us and/or SEAI or its agents to visit the building to carry out a site survey of the building. You and or the owner(s) or subsequent owners of the building(s) may be requested to allow us or the employees of SEAI or its agents to visit the building(s) for this purpose. If you decide not to facilitate such a request, SEAI may decide to revoke the relevant BER Certificate.
- Our quoted and agreed fee is inclusive of all costs including payment to SEAI for publication of the relevant BER assessment(s). Agreement by all parties to these terms is a necessary part of the assessment procedure.
BER Assessor Limerick Energy Rating